ABC WEDNESDAY...D IS FOR...DEPRESSION
“The burden of depression is heavy and it doesn't have handles.”
- Susan English
"Good morning, Eeyore," said Pooh.
"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning, which I doubt," said he.
"Why, what's the matter?"
"Nothing, Pooh Bear, nothing. We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it."
"Can't all what?" said Pooh, rubbing his nose.
"Gaiety. Song-and-dance. Here we go round the mulberry bush."
- A. Milne
Today I am sharing my blue-print for survival; things I need to remember and actions I need to take each day to beat depression.
***DON’T TAKE MYSELF TOO SERIOUSLY.
- Take my Prozac.
- Drink lots of coffee but not after noon.
- In general, mind my own business and stay off the radar screen.
- Blog, read, write, laugh, paint, take pictures, doodle
- Remember bad days are unavoidable – try to take it in stride.
- Speak up but be appropriate– be tough but kind– because swallowing frustration turns into depression.
- Remember marriage and relationships aren’t utopia.
- Get out of the house.
- Exit my comfort zone.
- Remember famous beauties are not immune to depression
- If I can’t love my body; think of someone who is stuck in a wheelchair; avoid the scale altogether -- and remember that Food is NOT the "F" word!!!!
- Remember plastic surgery is excruciatingly painful.
- Care about politics and issues of substance.
- Think small – take one step at a time.
- Choose my battles.
- Donate money to good causes.
- Tune-In: Remain focused; do not anesthetize myself with too much TV watching.
- Promote, vote, and lobby in my own best interests. If I don’t vote, then I can’t complain. Use PMS and/or menopause to tell leaders they SUCK!!
Denise facilitates this meme where we all go through the alphabet from A-Z and construct a post with the designated weekly letter.