Monday, February 16, 2009

The Cosmic Womb

I love this photograph and I call it "The Cosmic Womb." It feels like it makes the perfect header for my dream weaving blog.

I blog because it makes me feel connected to the world in a way I've not felt before. It allows me to become friends with people like Maithri, who lives in Australia, but does much work with the sick and afflicted people of Swaziland. I would have never known of him, or his unique way of looking at the world, if I had not started blogging 47 days ago. I suspect that I have much to learn from Maithri whose prescription for dream weaving a purposeful life begins with seeking both silence and laughter. He recommends that we find five minutes every day to listen to silence. I think some people call this meditation. I will begin to do this daily to try to connect with the inner voice inside of me. I seem to be a dichotomy of happiness and sadness and I don't fully understand why. I suspect it has a lot to do with guilt of not being the best mother I could be and knowing that there is no way I can ever make this up to my children. For this reason I cannot imagine not being sad but I can try to weave it so.

5 comments :

Marian Dean said...

Hello there Poutalicious,
Just making myself known to you. Hearing of the heat over where you are, fills me with envy as we shiver in the grey and damp here in the UK for the moment, but I guess day in and day out sunshine could get kinda much too.
Interestingly I too have a Prozac a day ( past 10 years or so) and umpteen cups of the black coffee, but I have been off the wine for 4 months now after I had an attack of Labrynthitis. I have balked at the sight and smell of wine since then.
I have only heard about Arizona from TV and the like. I shall look up something on the WWW and familiarise myself with the geography of the place.
This is what makes, for me, this blogging so great, I get enthused to learn more of the places I visit on cyberspace. Never too old!
Bye for now
Love Granny

yoon see said...

Thanks for your kind comment and hope to see more of your posting:)
It's a good start, you will know more people.
Blogging is fun! Glad you start now.

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for your visit and comment. What you wrote about not being the best mother you could have been and knowing that there is no way youcan ever make this up to your children,
is something I often feel and regret. I didn't understand my son who suffers from schiziphrenia. I haven't seen him for more than 10 years.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Pout (lets see how was your name again?) Poutalicious, "what does your name mean?"
Why do you think you are not the best mom? You a a person are also good, I like your pink beauty header, just try a bit more I am interested . You can also make your own music bar but you're welcome always to listen to mine, I like the descibtion of your feelings of your countrie, my country is often cold, but I like the greyness and snow..

Happy weekend my Arizonian friend,
JoAnn from HOLLAND

blognut said...

I hear ya' loud and clear on the dichotomy thing - I think everyone has something that causes sadness or pain and that they'd change if they could. 5 minutes of silence per day for my inner voice, huh? If I give it those 5 minutes, will it stop screaming in my head the rest of the time?